Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Despite Reality

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Zeik Blaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 2nd, 2001
    Posts
    57
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The ability to lose self-control
    lies withing yourself
    for if you lose it
    then your lost
    gone without a trace

    when you are gone
    will you remember
    will you forget
    or will you just agree
    agree with what life has dealt you

    We challenge life's inability to resist temptation......

    the simple enjoyment that we all have seen
    the disregarded pleasure
    the happiness that desloves aggression
    the depression that evolves into everlasting joy.....

    We all can enjoy what we have
    If we all just sit,watch and wait
    For what we have laid infront of us...
    Because Despite Reality, we overcome the inevitable....

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member Hannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2001
    Posts
    2,688
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    This I liked. Some of the lines caught me a bit off pace, and I had to re-read a bit slower to catch it, but all in all, I enjoyed it. Could definately see the point of view, and get into that stance.
    This one- Thumbs up!

    ------------------
    To hate is to show you still care, who needs that? Focus on what's really important.
    The best revenge, is to survive yourself.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 1st, 2001
    Posts
    95
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i liked the whole overall thought of it, but when i read it,to me it sounded more as if i was reading real sentences then an actual poem.but that could also be my writing style...short choppy sparatic thougths...
    ~A~

    ------------------

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner parch's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 11th, 2001
    Posts
    453
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I couldn't put my finger on anything. It seemed too cryptic but not on purpose. As a reader I found it hard to find what you were driving at. I got no where. If you want the reader to see what you see, feel what you feel, know what you know, believe what you say to be true, you must show the reader, convince the reader, and let yourself be understood.

    ------------------
    I am my new Religion
    I am my non Decision

  5. #5
    Inactive Member ranter's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 27th, 2001
    Posts
    138
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    yeah, this pome is little too abstract, i had nothing to grab onto and keep it...although i do like the idea, that is very strong, i see what you are saying, but remember, poetry is not about the idea, it is about the wordchoice.

    ------------------

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner parch's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 11th, 2001
    Posts
    453
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    wordchoice? - really not sure if I agree w/ that. how is it about the word choice? if you see this rant man - respond cause I don't wanna' argue but I'd like to see what you're saying.

    ------------------
    I am my new Religion
    I am my non Decision

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •